Administered by WebTPA and MedImpact
LSU First offers members access to 100% coverage with First Choice providers and generic prescriptions. This means that members will not incur any out-of-pocket expenses for covered services from First Choice Providers* and/or generic prescriptions. LSU First also includes an employer-paid health reimbursement account (HRA) that can be used to offset deductible and other out-of-pocket medical expenses throughout the year. Any unused HRA funds roll over, up to a maximum, allowing members to build up balances to cover eligible medical expenses.
* The fees below apply to all networks, including the First Choice network.
- $150 Emergency Room co-pay, waived if admitted
- $150 Penalty for MRIs and CT scans performed at a hospital facility (No penalty if performed at free-standing imaging center)
|Medical Coverage||Employee Only||Employee + Spouse||Employee + Children||Family|
|Employer Contribution to HRA||$500||$750||$750||$1,000|
|Coinsurance (First Choice)||0%||0%||0%||0%|
|Out-of-pocket max medical (in-network)*||$4,500||$6,750||$6,750||$9,000|
|Out-of-pocket max medical (out-of-network)*||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
*Out-of-Pocket Maximums include HRA, Deductible, and Coinsurance.
**Based on the Maximum Allowable Charge
|Prescription Coverage||Member Responsibility for 30-day supply|
|Tier 1 - Generic||$0; covered at 100%|
|Tier 2 – Preferred Brand||20% up to $150|
|Tier 3 – Non-preferred Brand||20% up to $150|
|Tier 4 - Specialty||20% up to $150|
|Prescription Coverage||Employee Only||Employee + Spouse||Employee + Children||Family|
|Drug Maximum Out-of-Pocket||$4,500||$6,750||$6,750||$9,000|
MedImpact administers the pharmacy portion of the plan. Home delivery and specialty medications are provided through MedImpact Direct.
- Generic medications are covered at 100%
- Brand name and specialty medications are covered at 80% after the HRA is exhausted and the Deductible is met. Members are responsible for 20% of the drug cost, up to a maximum of $150 for a 30-day supply.
LSU First members have the option of receiving a 90-day supply of maintenance medications by mail order through MedImpact Direct or through multiple retail pharmacies nationwide, including CVS, Walgreens, and Wal-Mart, through MedImpact’s Choice90 program
Online Employee Assistance Program