Quicklinks for Students
Licensed & Discounted Software
- TigerWare* (GROK article 15866) is an advanced award-winning web-based software distribution tool that provides LSU with a centralized warehouse of licensed software, and discounted software available for purchase. Tigerware offers software for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems.
Online Support & Service Desk
- GROK* is an online knowledge base provides 24-hour support for computer-related topics such as connecting to wireless, accessing fee bills, and registering for classes.
- Service Desk is the primary customer interface for Information Technology Services (ITS). The Service Desk can be contacted by phone at 225-578-3375, by email at email@example.com, or in person on the first floor of the Frey Computing Services Center or LSU Library.
- Moodle is a learning management system (LMS) that provides students with information for their classes, online courses, facilitates collaboration with faculty, and provides assignments and activities in an online environment.
- Eduroam* wireless network is available in most buildings, residence halls, and outside areas
at LSU. It provides all the
conveniences of a regular wired connection without the need for cables. Students can get assistance setting up a secure wireless connection at any Service Desk location.
Student Labs & Printing
- Student Computer Labs* are available throughout LSU’s campus. All labs include computers with Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Virtual Lab* (vlab2.lsu.edu) provides an online alternative for accessing software normally available only in the student computer labs. Use this service to complete assignments anytime, anywhere.
- GearToGeaux* is a free check-out program at the Middleton Library Circulation Desk, gives students access to resources like Windows and Mac laptops, digital cameras, and video cameras.
- Pay for Print offers affordable printing solutions through print-job release stations, wireless,
and mobile printing at
convenient locations. Black/white and color printing are available in most locations, and students can use TigerCard or TigerCash as payment. Large format and specialized printing options are available through the Print Desk located on the 3rd floor of LSU Library.
myLSU & Email
- myLSU is your hub to the University. This portal provides access to many services at LSU
like registration, scheduling, Moodle,
computing resources, the campus directory, and more.
- LSUMail is the email service LSU provides its faculty, staff, and students which also includes access to Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud services. Incoming or new students will need to login to myLSU to set up a password before they are able to access LSUMail and Office 365 services.
*Paid for by the Student Technology Fee.