Directory and Page Types
The following types of directory and page types are available within the Fierce Templates. The type of directory designation a folder is assigned determines the pages types that are available within it. You will need to work with a member of the Web Support Team to configure and adjust directory settings.
This type of directory will provide access to the following page types:
- New Blank Page - This page type is the recommended page type of the majority of webpages configurations. It has a right and left margin built into the page so that text will not extend to the edge of the browser margin.
- New Landing Page - This page type is recommended for specialized communications. Most unit homepages will be configured using this page type; it may also be used for pages intended to be used in marketing campaigns. This page is intended to be used with Snippets that extend the full-width of the page. If sections of content are inserted into that page that should not extended full width, special grids may be inserted to restrict the width of areas of content.
- New Formatted Page - This page is recommended for specialized communications. It contains a special two-column area at the top of the page that can be turned off/on as needed. This page is intended to be used with Snippets that extend the full-width of the page. If sections of content are inserted into that page that should not extended full width, special grids may be inserted to restrict the with of areas of content.
- This directory type allows the creation of new subdirectories, including News Sections and Blog Sections. Please note, you will need the assistance of a member of the Web Support Team to fully enable the features and functions of these directory types.
The News directory type will need to be created and configured by a member of the Web Support Team. When initiating a request for this directory type, you will need to have initial documentation on the types of tags you will want to use as filters for individual news items.
The directory contains:
- Customized Tag Group - this is the broad organization for types of news stories that will be posted, allowing your department to create more granular types of feeds instead of only having the ability to display a feed of all news items
- New News Article - new news article
- New Redirect
- New Media Center - stylized page for displaying a feature story, custom RSS news feeds, and events feeds
- New News by Date - autogenerated feed that will display news items in chronological order by date; ability to determine the number of items displayed
- New Recent News - autogenerated feed that will display recent posts; feed will display an image associated with the story next to the title and a brief summary of the news story; ability to determine the number of items displayed
- New Blank Page - ability to create a static webpage that does not contain any RSS or tagging function; this is the default interior page with built-in left and right margins
The Blog directory type will need to be created and configured by a member of the Web Support Team. When initiating a request for this directory type, you will need to have initial documentation on the types of categories and tags that will be used in the blog.
The directory contains:
- Customized Category File - this is the broad organization of the blog; most posts will fall into at least one of these broad categories; categories appear on all pages within the blog
- Customized Tag Group - niche content that will group types of posts into more specific, granular pieces of content; tags appear in relationship to individual blog posts to allow a user to locate similar pieces of information
- New Media Center (Blog) - stylized page for promoting the blog
- New Blog Listing - preconfigured index of pages featuring a specific category
- New Blog Post - individual blog post