Family Association Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The LSU Family Association Scholarship is awarded to students of Family Association members through a selection process that occurs annually during the spring semester. We typically award 20-30 recipients each year. Each recipient will receive a $1,000 scholarship - $500 for fall and $500 for spring.
Since 2010, the LSU Family Association has awarded more than $250,000 in scholarships to students of Family Association members. The scholarship alleviates financial burdens on students with $1,000 in funding, which students can use toward tuition, books, food, etc.
How to Apply
The application process for our 2023-24 LSU Family Association Scholarship will open soon. All LSU Family Association members of current LSU students will receive an email when the scholarship application opens.
- Student must be currently enrolled at Louisiana State University as a full-time continuing undergraduate student.
- Incoming students who will begin at LSU in Fall 2023 are not eligible to apply for the Family Association Scholarship until Spring 2024.
- Student must be in good academic (minimum 2.0 GPA) and judiciary standing with the university.
- Student must be enrolled at Louisiana State University during each semester the award
is distributed (Fall 2023 and Spring 2024).
- Students on a co-op are not considered full-time, and so they are not eligible to receive the award during their co-op semester.
- Exception: Seniors who receive the Family Association Scholarship and are graduating in May 2023 may be below full-time.
- Family must be a current member of the LSU Family Association. Learn more about joining the Family Association.
- The 2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed.
- More details regarding applicant eligibility and the application process will be announced soon.
- The following criteria may be considered when selecting applicants to advance to the second round of selections: academic achievement, involvement, leadership, and/or service in the LSU community.
- Students are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible in the in-school activity and out-of-school activity fields on the application.
- Only collegiate involvements will be taken into consideration for scoring purposes.
- All students must submit two essay responses and a résumé via the scholarship application.
- The 100 top scoring students will advance round 2 of the selections process.
- Students selected for the second round will be evaluated based on their two essay responses and résumé.
- Final LSU Family Association Scholarship recipients will be selected by a selection committee.