Scholarships and Awards
The Staff Senate has two scholarships for LSU staff members. We also coordinate the LSU Staff Stripes Award.
The Staff Senate Scholarship was created to offer direct assistance to dependents of any staff member, active or retired, of LSU. The $500 scholarship, awarded as $250 per semester, is to be used as the recipient deems necessary and is funded by donations from staff members.
- Dependents of any staff member, active or retired, at LSU.
- The recipient must have earned 24 hours of credit with at least a 2.5 GPA.
- The recipient must maintain his/her average to receive the award for both semesters.
- This award is for only for undergraduates.
The Staff Senate Fee Support Scholarship was created in 2006 to offer financial assistance to eligible staff members who are in active pursuit of a degree from the main campus of LSU.
The LSU Staff Senate recognizes that furthering one’s education can positively enhance the professional development, skills, and career longevity of the staff. The scholarship was also created in an effort to retain and develop those employees who have earned their degree in the hope that they will continue to serve the University and further its core mission.
Contingent upon available funding, the award will cover the costs associated with non-exempt fees for one, three-hour course at the graduate or undergraduate level for the fall or spring semester. Scholarships will not be awarded for the summer semester.
Any staff member from the LSU main campus is qualified under the following conditions:
- Must be an active, full-time staff member at LSU for a minimum of one year.
- Must meet all the requirements of the LSU Staff Tuition Exemption program administered through LSU’s Office of HRM.
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 hours as a graduate student or 30 hours as an undergraduate and are currently enrolled in a minimum of three semester hours.
- GPA requirements for undergraduate students are 2.0; GPA requirements for graduate students are 3.5.
A committee of representatives from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid administers the application process and selects the recipient(s) in the fall of each year for staff dependents and in the fall and spring of each year for staff members.
For more information, please contact the Staff Senate Office at 578-8566 or by email at email@example.com.
Nominations are solicited and accepted for the LSU Staff Stripes Award. Faculty and staff of Louisiana State University are encouraged to nominate staff members in recognition of outstanding service to the University. All staff of LSU are eligible for nomination. Nominees must be currently employed by LSU for at least one year. Self-nominations are not accepted.